Lambertville Free Public Library
6 Lilly Street Lambertville NJ 08530
Tel: (609) 397-0275 Fax: (609) 397-1784
Director, Harold Dunn
Jennifer Sirak, Children's Service
HOURS OF OPERATION
10 AM to 9 PM
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
1 PM to 9 PM - Wednesdays
10 AM to 5 PM - Saturdays
THE LILLY MANSION, home of the Lambertville Free Public Library, was built between 1812 and 1830 for early settler Dr. John Lilly. The lawns and gardens originally stretched from Bridge Street east to the cliff and south to Swan Creek, and included a pond and stables. In 1946, the front lawn became the site of a service station, and over the years subdivided lots were sold to the south and east. In later years the mansion was used as the Moose Lodge, apartments, and the Senior Citizen Center.
Major restoration work, completed in 1993, retained the mansion’s historic character while providing a modern facility to meet the needs of the community. Spacious surroundings, a second floor meeting room, children’s library, and computer capabilities pave the way for future growth.